We develop highly optimized Computer Vision & Machine Learning systems for warehouses and we're looking for an expert python web developer who can help us scale our architecture so we can put our tech in thousands of warehouses. Join us to build cool stuff nobody has built before.
Location: Downtown Chicago
Type: Full Time
Compensation: competitive salary + equity package
AWS: Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Route53, S3, Lambda functions, etc.
Databases: any SQL DB (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.) + understanding of time series databases such as InfluxDB
What you will be working on:
The hardware systems we deploy with our customers stream real-time sensor data to several databases. We combine this information with our customer's data to make their processes more efficient and accurate. We're looking for someone who wants to join our existing team of Computer Vision and Machine Learning Software Engineers to be in charge of our customer facing stack (web and mobile dashboards, visualization tools, etc.). Building on our existing infrastructure, you will be responsible for improving availability, security, and performance while also adding features such as visualization, monitoring, and analysis methods. In addition, you will also be directly involved in deployments as we install and integrate our solutions at more warehouses.
- Write endpoints and hook them up to the frontend
- Write data processing, accumulation and analysis routines in Python to serve them to the frontend
- Manage deployment through AWS tools
- Build out backend infrastructure using time series database for storing sensor data and SQL database for ERP data
- Connect the backend to ERP and WMS systems through REST APIs
- Effectively partner with a small, multi-disciplinary team of hardware and software engineers
- Ensure quality and reliability while adapting codebase to evolving capabilities and client requirements
- 3+ years professional software development experience
- Expert at Python and experience building web apps using Python tools (Flask, Django)
- Experience working with different types of databases, including time series and relational
- Experienced working with AWS tools such as Elastic Beanstalk, RDS, Lambda functions, etc.
- Good at math and experienced writing and running data analysis algorithms in Python using numpy/pandas/scikit etc.
- Ability to break down large problems and create effective development and testing strategies
- Experience provisioning/maintaining servers in the cloud and on-premise, comfortable using ssh/command line to work with servers running Ubuntu Server or RedHat
- Bonus 1: Experience working with map visualization APIs (e.g. Leaflet, etc.), and enterprise software like SAP, Oracle, Manhattan Associates, etc.
IFM stands for Intelligent Flying Machines. We are a Chicago based company regularly running $ rm -rf limits/* on Deep Learning and Computer Vision in Robotics to make humans more efficient.
IFM is a family of incredibly motivated and driven people with diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and areas of expertise. We come together because of our shared sense of urgency to answer questions and apply what we learn to business problems in massive markets.
At IFM, we do not care a whole lot about where you went to school, how many papers you wrote, or your traditional resume. Instead, impress us with your proven skills and demonstrated abilities to build solid software/hardware that works. Tells us about the problems you solved, the things you broke, and the things you learned. Be fast, nimble, and precise.